Thursday, June 23, 2011

Friendview: My sister in-law!


Welcome back to Friendviews!! 
If you are new to it, feel free to read about what & why it is here.
Now, meet my dear sister in-law, Jaci!
 


Last summer I was blessed with two new sisters! The ironic thing about it is that Jaci was actually a good friend before she was a sister! We became friends at college & even better friends when she was roommates with my best friend, Jessy! I have so many good memories from hanging out at their apartment for girls nights & game nights! It was the summer of my wedding that Jaci ended up meeting Jonny's oldest brother Steve, through Jessy! 


I remember having a forth of July party and seeing the two of them interact for, I think, the second time ever! We all knew there was a spark there and a fire of love about to set a blaze. It's history from there...


Jaci is such an inspiring person with all of her creativity, photography, & her caring generous heart! She is such a down-to-earth person & so light-hearted. I admire her simplistic outlook on life and the fact that she keeps her faith as the foundation in everything. She always has a way of bringing things back to the basics & helps you refocus on what's most important - God!


She is someone I look up to in many areas, especially since we have a lot of the same interests! She is who I look to for inspiration in cooking, crafts, fashion, & photography! She is currently pursuing her photography business in Charleston, SC & is doing an amazing job. Go check out her blog here & find her business on facebook here!


I absolutely love her style & her outlook on fashion! Here's a little of what she has to say...


What is your favorite color & why? 
Gray! In my opinion it goes with everything, and it can convey so many different moods. I'd suggest that everyone own a versitile gray cardigan!

How would you describe your style? 
I suppose you could call it eclectic and classic. I love to use classic staples as my base and throw in vintage or more creative pieces. I also love to put together unexpected color combinations.

Where do you shop most often?
 I like to shop anywhere that carries quality pieces with good sales. For example, LOFT has beautiful dresses and tops that go on final sale and then get an additional percentage off. I'm all about getting things more than 80% off! If I had all the money in the world, though, I'd shop at Anthropologie because it's my perfect style fit!

What is your creative outlet?
 Photography, mostly. It's a way of expressing both the simplest joys in life, and the greatest.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
 That's what I'd like to know! Photography is my passion and joy, but I also love to plan events and teach hands-on/active things. I've always really loved the idea of owning my own business too. Currently I'm trying to sort out how to best use my skills and interests. Maybe I should plan parties where I can teach photography at my own studio, ha!

What is your 5 year plan/goal in life?
 
 I'm just trying to get through the next few weeks!
In the next five years, while not mapped out, my wonderful husband and I hope to buy a home and start a family of our own. It would be amazing to be established as a full-time family and wedding photographer within that time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...