Monday, January 30, 2012

A House ?!?

In all honesty I've been trying to put this off as long as possible...
But it's to the point where God has been doing so many crazy things that it's time to share and {personally} journal & document them! So I apologize in advance for this long wordy post...

On Jonny's California trip in passing it was mentioned that some friends might be selling their house! Jonny {randomly} jumped on the idea and decided that we should go take a look at it when we both returned. So, we did. And we loved it! A small, quaint house in the exact location we were hoping to one day move (aka approx. 3mins from our best friends, 5 mins from my work, & 10 mins from our church). Too good to be true, RIGHT??

We went about "dreaming" about purchasing this house, soon to be overwhelmed with the feelings that God was doing something bigger than us. We continued to walk through every door that was graciously opened... pre-approved for the loan (which let me just say, trying to get 100% financing for a house based on half of our income since they will not accept any of J's private lessons as income, IS crazy), getting a formal contract made, & signing the paperwork for the official loan... which is where we currently are! Waiting 45 days for all the paperwork to come back to know whether we got the loan to buy this house (which is why I hesitated to share the news about buying a house)... 

BUT, take a look at how gracious and faithful God has been through this process:

 Situation 1) Monday I was extremely down about this process and scared out of my mind, so throughout the day I continually prayed that God would show me that we are doing what He wants and that I can continue trusting Him... I randomly found a gorgeous piano on Craigslist and J took me to see it just as a means to get out of the house and stop moping around! We both fell in love with the piano and had a chance to talk to the couple selling it and let them know our situation and why we couldn't purchase it! The couple returned to the room where Jonny was playing some beautiful tunes, and they both proceeded to inform us that they were going to make this piano very affordable... by GIVING it to us! The lady with tears in her eyes continued to say that they'd be honored to know this piano was going to a good home where they know it will be worshiped on and passed on to our kids! ... Oh, me of little faith! This was the exact confirmation I needed from the Lord and their He was providing it! 

Situation 2) It has been so amazing to see people come along side us and help us budget and find the means and strategy of making all of this possible, whether that's been through gifts of money or prayer! It has been such a blessing to see who God places in our path and to see that He is using them to bless others! Some examples are God providing financial gifts, a community with people in Real Estate to help inform and conduct everything in an honest and cost efficient way, God going before us to provide the perfect sellers, mortgage broker, Insurance agent, lawyer, etc. (without us even having to search for them).

Situation 3) Friday night we were trying to figure out dinner plans, and being that we were stressing about money we didn't know what to do! We decided to suck it up and grab some Arby's on our way home. There we were in the drive-thru fussing and complaining about money and in mid-sentence the guy working opened the window and said "the lady in front of you just paid for your meal"! ... And that was a huge smack in the face (again). God used this moment to truly humble us and see His amazing grace, love, and faithfulness once again. He reminded us that we should be living that out instead of sitting there complaining. We do not deserve anything God has given us but He continues to bless us, we should be living the same way! With our hands wide open and blessing others, deserving or not... 

I'm sure I could go on with stories because God is continuing to work in our lives, and I am so thankful for that! But, all in all I'd just like to say that whether we get this house OR not, this experience has been life changing and it has truly brought me closer to my Savior. God is continually at work and it is such a blessing to be apart of that. I give HIM all the glory and praise for this house situation and everything He's done and is doing in the process... His unfailing love, graciousness, faithfulness, & mercy are truly humbling!

“For everything comes from Him and exists by His power and is intended for His glory. All glory to Him forever! Amen.” – Romans 11:36


... we will keep you updated, until then continue praying and relying on God ...

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this post. My husband and I just closed on a house last week after 3 months under contract. There were so many days I was worried about it (we REALLY wanted it) and wasn't sure it would work out. It was a great lesson for me to trust Him as He proved to be SO faithful to us by continuing to open/close doors, answer prayers, and to provide financially. I also learned to have open hands before Him. We are thankful for our new home and His faithfulness to us during it all. Continue to trust and seek Him in this process. You can rest assured he will give you HIS best, whether it is this house or a different one. I'd love to read an update when you know :)
    Best,
    Ashlee @ Capernaum Home
    www.capernaumhome.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...