Friday, November 5, 2010

Over the hills to Grandmothers' house we go...

The past week I have had the wonderful opportunity to travel and reminisce with my mom and sister! It's funny how life takes you in a full circle... I was born in Lewiston, ID and then lived in Boise for at least 6 years. Now my sister is back in Boise! It was so much fun driving around Boise reminiscing about different things that happened while living there, seeing our old house, eating at restaurants we use to always go to, etc. However, while doing this I realized how little I actually remember. My sister was spitting out story after story and place after place, and I didn't remember any of it! The main memory I have of Boise is our old neighborhood, our old house and our wonderful neighbors we spent most of our time with! Beyond that, I have very little memories with Boise, but was able to create new ones. Sheila was able to show us around her 'new' stomping ground and update us on her and Mikes new adventures there in Boise!

Mom and I also took this trip for another reason...
My grandma turned 80! The three of us girls drove from Idaho to Washington to celebrate with our family and friends! It was a wonderful time revisiting more childhood memories. We stayed with my aunt in Kennewick, WA the night before the surprise and then drove on to Ellensburg (where my grandma lives) the next day. Grandma was very surprised to see us girls there since we had traveled so far, but was also surprised by the party itself! Sheila and I even had the chance to meet second cousins and other family that we never met before... After the party we were able to stay with my grandparents for the night, which I haven't been to their house since I was maybe 8 or so... more stories were told and lots more reminiscing! Because this trip was full of traveling between places it gave us all the chance to appreciate God's beauty to the fullest! I saw some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen in my life! The trees were as bright as they could be and the hills and mountains were as wonderful as I remembered!


I returned home from my trip just in time to have an interview with Macy's! But, before going into my interview I received a call from a portrait studio I had interviewed with last week. They wanted to offer me a job! I didn't have peace about that position, but did not want to turn down a job in this economy. So, I told the lady I'd let her know by the end of the day, hoping and pray that God made it clear through my Macy's interview of what I should do! God answered very clearly. I interviewed with the head manager and he offered me the job on the spot! So now I'm officially employed at Macy's! God is so good to us.

1 comment:

  1. so good to hear about how God is providing for you guys and answering prayers! and glad you had a great time in potato land :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...