Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Perfect Date

I must admit that Jonny and I have been having a WONDERFUL Holiday Season this year! It could not get any better (even though I know it will!). Last night Jonny surprised me with a perfect date night. The best that we've had yet. We went to Hollywild which is one of those zoo's that you can drive through and see the animals in their habitat and they will walk up to the car, etc. Well, they made the park into a wonderful Christmas lights drive! It was absolutely beautiful! (I'm in regret that I did not take my camera along)...but half way through the drive you get to drive around a field of hundreds of deer. I was able to stick my hand out the window and feed them! It was such a gorgeous sight and so precious for both Jonny & I, since deer are the animal that have represented God's presence w/ us throughout our dating and married time together!

We use to always wait to see deer on the side of the road when driving to lake Monticello as different signs from God! God always showed up. Since then, deer are still the best reminder of God's presence with me.

Deer are such gorgeous and precious animals. What a beautiful sight it was to be that close to deer. After the field we got to drive around and see more lights and stop at a petting zoo you could walk around! We warmed up by a huge bonfire and then went and pet more animals and let the deer nibble on my finger! AMAZING.
Then we drove through MORE lights...
Once we finished up at Hollywild, Jonny took me to Krispy Kreme. My all time favorite date place! And of course, the HOT sign was on... we also bought a 5$ calendar that is full of coupons. These coupons will be our monthly dates for the next year!


1 comment:

  1. Ah!!! So sweet! I'm so glad you two have a wonderful time together. It's great being and doing things with your best friend! The deer story reminds me of how one hit your car!!! That one makes me laugh! AND yummy Krispy Kreme? What could be better! Sometimes the best moments are those that are spontaneous and we don't really plan for. Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...