Thursday, January 27, 2011

30 for 30 Challenge

Tomorrow I will begin the 30 day challenge with a wonderful friend and we will become each others photographers! This challenge goes something like this:

-pick 30 items out of your closet (they must be essentials, accessories DON'T count)!
-only wear outfits created out of those 30 items for the next 30 days (using accessories to spice up the outfits)!
- and therefore, continue to remix the 30 items and document the outfits! I will document on this blog...


This challenge will help me see and understand the items of clothing I already own, use my creativity to create new outfits out of existing items I own, and encourage my thinking to not always have that pressing desire or 'need' to go buy new clothes! Take a look at my 30 items...

SHOES! Here I have picked some heels, boots, and flats! I must admit adding the heels was taking a leap of faith since I never wear them. Last minute (after the picture), I added a pair of black pointed flats!

JEANS!!! I absolutely LOVE jeans and am always living in them. The shorts were thrown in there for creativity sake... But 2 pair of skinny's, a pair of straight leg, and a pair of flare!


These are going in my 'layering' category! While picking out my items, I realized that I am a very boring person. I have very few patterned shirts and mainly solid neutral colors! This might have to change once we're done! ;-)


CARDIGANS! Oh, I love me a warm cardigan!! I live in these in winter! I pretty much just picked my most neutral ones, so that I have the chance to spice them up with my accessories!

These final two items I am throwing in just as inspiration for change. I never dress up, but I want to start trying too! So here is a denim skirt and a dress. We will see what happens with these pieces!

Now that you've seen my start to this challenge, I hope it's inspired you! Inspired you to transform yourself while enjoying the things you already have! I can't wait to share this challenge with you over the next 30 days!! If you're interested in more about the challenge or if you want to take the challenge, you can read up on it from the creator Kendi Everyday !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...