Monday, January 17, 2011

Childhood dream

As I mentioned in my last post, I love looking at fashion blogs! The more I continue to look at them, the more I love fashion and outfits. At first I thought this was such a vain thing to like, but then I realized that maybe I'm just wired this way. I remember being in middle school carrying around a notebook w/ me that I would draw/design outfits that I wanted to make one day. This continued even through high school... I wanted to be a fashion designer and/or make up artist. Perhaps fashion IS my creative outlet! I think I've been suppressing this love and desire because of false convictions about 'beauty' & 'fashion' & it all being 'hollywood'. I've come to the conclusion that a Christian girl can love fashion, be good at it, and not be sinning.

However, the downfall (yet fun part for me) is the finacial side of things... Yes, my favorite stores have recently become VERY expensive stores (Banana Republic, JCrew, Gap, etc.), but this makes it even more fun and a challenge for me because then my goal becomes looking as good and creating outfits similar to those stores by bargain shopping! What a joy it brings me to know I can look good and not spend a lot of money at the same time! For example, with some Christmas money I went to the Banana Republic outlet to see what deals I could find, I left there with a pair of $80 jeans for $15! What a steal...

All this to simply say, it's ok to love fashion! And I think I'm going to start focusing on it more so I can use it as my creative outlet... I will leave you with some of my favs I've found today (belt sweater combo, shoes, & another sweater/jacket) !

2 comments:

  1. i too have felt the same way as you-- i remember being at CIU and only wearing jeans and tee shirts and hoodies EVER (neglecting my huge selection of dresses) because i felt like it was wrong of me to dress fashionably, or would make me stand out and look like i wanted attention. i'm thankful for a husband who likes (and tells me he likes) makeup and cute clothes! :) you go girl. dress up for yourself and for your man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i adore these outfits. and i totally have that belt in the first pic! i remember a few years ago you mentioning that you used to want to be a makeup artist, so i totally think that some sort of fashion/makeup creative side is in you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...