Monday, January 31, 2011

Leggings w/ shorts and a tucked in Shirt




Shirt: Banana Republic
Shorts: Plato's (Express)
Leggings: Holister
Boots: Walmart
Hat: Christmas

Day 4: My mind started going crazy this morning as I tried this outfit on! My thoughts kinda went in this order...

1. Wow! I have such an amazing husband. He is so loving, encouraging, supportive, and I could keep going on all day about him! But, I'll focus on the supportive side of things... He has actually been excited about this 30 day challenge. This morning he asked if I'd pick out my outfit yet, and when I said no he told me to hurry and do it so we could go take pictures (in and excited tone)! The second I walked out w/ this outfit on he gave me the jaw drop with oooo's and awww's and "I Love it!" Plus, the on going compliments throughout the day... He is even sacrificing his time, daily to go out and take pictures of me! I have the best hubby ever!

2. leggings and shorts? Not so sure about it! However, I picked the shorts in my 30 items so that it'd force me to try this combo... I tried it and I think I actually like it! Not to mention, it's pretty comfy!

3. Tucking in your shirt is so old grandma-ish! This has always been my thinking over the years. But, I kept trying different things to the outfit bc it just seemed to be missing something... and yes, it was the tucked in look showing off the belt and pleats of the shorts! Now I know in the pictures it doesn't look very flattering, but in the mirror it actually is! (Ik Ik, it sounds weird, but it's true! The camera did not capture it). Tucking in your shirt shows off your curves, which is a good thing!

4. Now, all of us know that there is this unwritten rule that celebrities can wear whatever they want and get away with it! Sometime I see outfits I love, but I tell myself I can't wear it bc I'd have to be famous or live in Hollywood or NYC to get away with it. This challenge has become my excuse to get away w/ dif outfits! Today's outfit is one of those. I felt awkward going in public and getting those stares like "o, that's different", but the silly thing is those stares were good complimentary stares and not condescending stares... So, from now on I'm not going to be scared to try something different. I'm just going to have the confidence and do it! Who cares if I'm not famous... :-)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...