Thursday, August 4, 2011

Family

A glimpse at the Brush Family Vacation...

 (Jonny's Parents... aka the 'in-laws')
 (Sister in-law Jaci & mother in-law)
 (Father, Son beach walks...)
 (Brother in-law & sis in-law)
(Kels, brother in-law, & the hubs!)


Family has become such a hot topic in my life recently! Being that we just went on 'the Brush Fam Vaca' & that I moved my parents across country, I've really seen the importance & meaning of Family. I always grew up thinking that you just deal with family & put up with them because you have too! But, now that I've grown up a little, I realized that family really is the only consistent thing in life! We all make friends here & there, some come & some go, we change jobs & locations, etc... but family is who will be there through the thick & thin, they'll be there till you're old & grey, & whether you move across the world or live next door! They're there (whether we like it or not). Yes, they're there partially because they have to be (being family & all), but also because we spend our entire life with them & are continually building that relationship & bond that no one else can have... As American's, I feel as though we lose sight of that so easily in this independent & selfish nation. We must remember the importance of family & value/cherish it!

Yesterday while getting my nails done, the topic of moving my parents to Omaha came up & was followed with talk about where my siblings lived. The lady doing my nails (clearly not from here), stopped and said "that's what I hate about America, families are separated and all spread out... we need our families close by! It is too hard to make it with out their love & support!" She then proceeded to ask if I was going to move to Omaha too, so that I'd be near my parents. But, when I told that wasn't in the plans right now, she continued to try and convince me that I should and that I was so crazy for not being closer to them! ... I truly do value my family & really wish I could be closer to them! But, while I'm away I will still cherish those relationships & build them continuously through other ways than face-to-face! [& a side note: I can't wait to have kids so I can instill the value of 'family' in their lives!!]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...