Thursday, September 15, 2011

Outfit Post: Refocusing

{I absolutely LOVE the library and the fact I can look at all the magazines I want for FREE!}



Cardigan: JCrew Clearance center
Tank: Target Clearance
Jeans: Thrifted (Express)
Shoes: Thrifted (Old Navy)


I've realized that recently I've become pessimistic in many areas! I've been finding myself only seeing the negative things in life & forgetting to recognize the many blessings God is putting right in front of me. Our God is such a relational God & loves us so much that he makes things personal. And looking back at my crazy week last week, He totally showed up in many personal ways... it may have been in little ways, but he still was there!

I sit here complaining about paying $400 to fix Jonny's car, but in reality isn't it kinda funny that I just so happened to start work 2 weeks prior so that we were ok financially?! God knew his car was going to break down & God knew we needed that money... And the first week of work I kept telling friends & Jonny that I needed to go buy a pair of Dansko shoes because of how comfortable and good they are for your feet (since I'd now be on my feet all the time). They're usually around $120, but isn't it funny that a week after me saying that, these lovely Dansko's came into the store to be consigned in my size?! Yep, God knew I needed these too. And I only had to pay $35... it really is the little blessing throughout life that mean so much! & I'm going to re-focus my thoughts around the good things in life. Because even amongst the bad, we truly are loved & blessed beyond words!!

2 comments:

  1. that stack of magazines is blowing. my. mind.
    how many can you check out in greenville?
    i work for acl and we only get 3 at a time. staff included!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, Only 3?? Wow! In Gville we can check out up to 10 at a time... and when I check them out, I ALWAYS get the full 10! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...